Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our First Earthquake

As most of you may already know, there was an earthquake on Tuesday July 29th @ 11:42 pac time that was just east of Los Angeles that was a 5.4.
It was the first earthquake that the kids and I have ever experienced, maybe I should say Shaun and I, Ashlee and Connor didn't even have a clue that it had happened.
I was taking a nap at the time and woke up to the feeling of someone kicking my bed, seeing the blinds swinging back and forth and hearing the windows shake (like with the strong winds back in Utah).
I was kindof dissoriented then Jordan called about 30 seconds later asking if I felt it, he said that it was the strongest one he's felt since he's been out here.
But, were all fine and safe, nothing even fell off of a shelf or anything. I think the kids were more excited that it happened then scared, like it was an amusement park ride, makes me think we need to get their attitudes changed about that.

1 comment:

FamilyMoe said...

I remember MY first earthquake. Yosemite camping. Man that was a LONG time ago, I was like 8! The following earthquakes just messed up the pictures on my walls, nothing exciting. Good to hear you are all safe :) Ready to move back???