Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th @ the beach



For the 4th we decided to go to the beach. We were able to get a passerby to take a family picture for us, which I am very grateful for. I've always wanted a picture of us at the beach on rocks.

The kids had a ton of fun, we got them boogie boards at costco earlier, they had been begging for them since they had found out we would be moving out here. Needless to say, it kept them busy ALL afternoon!!! It was so much fun watching them trying to get the hang of it.

Even though the kids did manage to get sunburned pretty badly (even with sunscreen) they still want to go back as soon as we can. I guess you can't get enough of a good thing.

6 comments:

Brett & Dyana Valdez said...

Carla,

I'm Super sad I didn't get to say Goodbye to one of my Favorite PEEPS!!!!! Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Life has been busy, but that is no excuse. I will be in San Deigo next month? (maryetta to be exact) How far away are you? Love you Girlfriend! Hope you have a good time in Cali!!!

Daniel Smith said...

Welcome to the blogging world. We're excited to read about your adventures in Cali.

FamilyMoe said...

Carla! Great pic. my friend. Sounds like life in Cali. suits you all. Sure isn't the same here with out you though! Miss you bunches! Until later my friend...

traci said...

It's great to see that you made it safe and sound to Cali. Your family is so cute! Thanks for keeping us posted. We miss you already. Traci

Daniel Smith said...

Carla! I'm so excited you began a blog! That picture is so great. If you're going to move anywhere, it might as well be CA! We'll have to invite ourselves to visit you next summer. (:

Sarah said...

ummm, sorry -- that was me in the last one (: