Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fires and Growing Kids

I'm sure that everyone has seen on the news about all of the fires going on here in California. I just wanted to let you all know that we are fine, I very seriously doubt that any of them will get near us. It looks like on the news that most of them are in hilly, mountainous areas that have had communities built in, which is not the type of area that we are in. Being here for such a short time I have absolutely no idea how far they are located from us, but we do have "the smoke smell" in the air, not bad enough to kick my asthma up, thank goodness.


So, Ashlee informed me before we went to church last week that her shoes were pretty tight on her. Today I took her to Target to get some new ones, and I will bet that NO ONE will be able to guess what kind she ended up getting!
The child is really growing up, once she saw the black patent leather type, there was no convincing her otherwise. She also decided that she wanted some heels, I thought girls didn't want heels until they got older, apparently I was wrong.
It's not only church shoes we needed to get her, she needed a new skirt. So, I had to take her to the WOMENS department. She almost fit into a size two, it's just a tiny bit to big, nothing we can't fix with a couple of safety pins.
It looks like my daughter and I will be wearing the same size shoes and clothes within the matter of a few months!!!

1 comment:

FamilyMoe said...

Isn't it scary when they get to that point????? I can't get over looking eye to eye w/ Gina, Mike & Izzy...Gina's probably done but the other two...Nice things is sharing clothes & shoes with them ;) Especially the shoes, one can NEVER have enough!