Saturday, September 6, 2008

The First Week of School



The first week of school is officially over!!! I think the kids really enjoyed it, everyday when they got home they couldn't stop talking, especially about how different everything is.
Get this, the milk comes in baggies, not in carton like we've had all of our lives. See thru zip lock type baggies, I told Ash she needs to take a picture of it for me so we can post it for you all to see.
Connor has made friends already, not surprising considering how outgoing the kid is. Shaun and Ashlee are still working at it, Shaun did say there is a girl in 4 of his classes that is pretty cute though. Dad liked to hear that, he's been trying to get him to talk to girls at the beach all summer long! Ashlee met a girl in PE, which her and Shaun have the same period, just not the same teacher (but they like to combine sometimes). So I think overall they are slowly starting to meet new people and feel a little more comfortable.
We did just find out that Jordan will have to start traveling again in October. There isn't enough work for him to do with Boeing so they have to send him to Alabama to do some work with NASA for a couple of weeks each month until things pick up here. Yes, we did think that was done, but all I can think of is at least he still has a job!
He does, but I don't yet, I've applied for a few things this week so I haven't heard anything from anyone yet. Everything that I did at the hospital before I would have to re certify for with California AGAIN which is $500-$700, and I don't particularly want to pay that again right now. So we will just have to see what I can find with the schedule I want but, I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hooray! So you can completely ignore the questions I asked you in my e-mail b/c you answered them all right here! Your children sure do look like CA kids! So fun to hear about the little details. Baggies of milk! Seriously! I'll certainly have to see a picture of that b/c my brain just can't seem to wrap itself around that one. Alabama? I could have swore your mom said Atlanta. I bet he would be working on the NASA program Dan's company lost. How crazy! Good luck with the job hunt. It can be a total pain in the booty!!!! Best wishes & love to you!!!